24 May 2009

Meal Plan Sunday & Calves

I did our grocery shopping yesterday [on budget!]... I spent $40 at the Sunflower Farms market (produce) and $66 at the grocery store. I only went down one aisle... needed beans! :) For everything else, I shopped the perimeter.



Here is our meal plan for the week:

Sunday: Turkey Italian Sausage with Veggies and Pasta - No sauce [other than Garlic and EVOO].

Monday: Tuna Roles [tuna salad with light mayo, celery, relish, mustard and EVOO wrapped in Boston Lettuce]

Tuesday: Chicken Breasts and Roasted Veggies [turnips, onions, sweet potatoes, bell pepper]

Wednesday: Pineapple Chicken, Sweet Potato Skins & Black Beans

Thursday: Cheeseburgers [no bun] & Low Fat Pasta Salad [fat free italian] with Olives

Friday: Grilled BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and Pinto Beans

While at the grocery store, I avoided SUGAR! No chips, no cookies, no ice cream, no nothing.

Instead, the kids will snack on Strawberry Yogurt, Cottage Cheese with Fruit, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Celery with Peanut Butter... Yummy!



[no. these are not my calves. mine are pasty white. and thick. grr.]

So... in regard to my calves - they hurt like the dickens. Well, they are very tight, which translates to pain for me! lol... We did our three mile walk yesterday morning [the weather was wonderful; a few sprinkles here and there] I want to say, this was our third week doing this... and I love it. I did, however, forget to wear socks and now have some lovely blisters. Silly me.

Overall, I am feeling [great!] today. I feel like I can really start to get my family to eat healthfully, and take some time for myself to exercise. I deserve it!

P.S. No report card for Alex yet... I am on pins & needles. [!]

1 people making a house call!:

Unknown May 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Has it been very hot in Arizona? We've actually had some cool weather in Las Vegas. I hope it stays that way all summer.
I hope you and your family had a very nice Memorial Day.
Happy MPM.