06 June 2009

Grocery Shopping Day, Meal Planning, Horse [?] Racing

I didn't wake up as early as I wanted to, but we still got the shopping done with out too much trouble. I knew, before going shopping, I would have to clear out some of the veggies that we still had left over. I decided to cut them up, add some salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme, and then freeze them. I had two large bags; each held zucchini, squash, mushrooms, carrots, spinach, and egg plant. I mixed them [to get the seasonings coated on all the veggies], took as much air out as I could, and then put them in the freezer. One bag is ready for my homemade chicken soup, the other for anytime I feel like veggies! I am pretty pleased with myself, and we didn't waste any food!

  • At Fry's [Kroger], I was under budget by $31. Pleased as punch abt that.
  • At Costco, I was right on budget - that's even with taking the whole family and having the husband continue to add things to my list. [grrr.]
Here is our meal plan for this week [still cooking healthy style]:

*As a reminder, the hamburgers are bunless, and actually have veggies built right in!

Wanted to share a cute pic of the little one... he was at his cousin's 6th B-Day party on Friday - having a blast!

0 people making a house call!: